MEMBERS: PLEASE SIGN IN (Above Right) TO REGISTER FOR THE MEETING AT THE REDUCED MEMBER RATE!!
TO SIGN IN:
- Your USERNAME will be the email address at which you receive ISHR mailings (unless you have changed it).
- If you do not know know your PASSWORD, please click on "Forgot your password?" to set or reset your password.
NONMEMBERS: PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING AN ISHR SECTION TO REGISTER FOR THE MEETING AT THE REDUCED MEMBER RATE!!
For detailed meeting information, visit the 2016 ISHR World Congress Website at http://www.ishrbuenosaires2016.org.ar/
REGISTRATION: (the registration fee will not be used to cover entertainment or alcohol).
Nonmembers: ISHR Members receive a substantial registration discount ($150 discount for Regular Members, and $100 discount for Trainee members) that more than covers the annual dues for joining the ISHR.
- North American Section nonmembers can join the ISHR-NAS online (click here) prior to registering at the lower member rate!
- All otherSection nonmembers must contact their Member Secretary to join the ISHR and make their initial dues payment (contact information below). There will then be a delay of several days before you can register for the Congress as a member.
Registration Grants: Reduced Registration Fee!!! ISHR-International will provide, on a competitive basis, subsidized registration for a limited number of ISHR members (at any level- students, postdocs, faculty) from developing countries (defined as GNI per capita under $15,000 as listed in the World Bank document) who are presenting an abstract or talk at the World Congress. To be eligible for this support, ISHR members must be citizens of a developing nation, and reside and work in a developing nation (citizenship need not be from the country in which the scientist is working; however, neither country can have GNI per capita over $15,000 as listed in the World Bank document). To apply, please fill out an online application OR send a copy of your abstract, your cv and a brief sentence summarizing the support available to your lab and why you need this award to the ISHR Secretary at email@example.com. For purposes of this application, abstracts must include title and authors, and the body of the abstract must be <300 words. Note: If you plan to present this abstract at the Congress, you are responsible for also submitting the abstract via the Congress abstract submission site (https://ishr.conference-services.net/authorlogin.asp?conferenceID=4775&language=en-uk), using the template and formatting instructions provided.
Deadline for applications is Dec 15, 2015. Successful applicants will be sent a link to allow them to register for the World Congress for a subsidized registration fee of US$100, which will provide access to all scientific sessions and the opening ceremony (note that the standard early registration fee is $595 for regular members, $495 for trainee members, and $395 for student members).
Early-Bird discount: Register before February 1, 2016, and receive a $100 discount on your registration!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received by the early registration deadline are refunded minus a $50 cancellation fee. Cancellation after the early registration period up to one month prior to the meeting are charged $150 cancellation fee. There is no refund for cancellations received after one month before the meeting.
Meeting Banquet: The GALA Dinner has reached capacity; tickets are no longer available. The GALA DINNER (Apr 21, 20:00) will be held at the Theater. A three course dinner will be followed by a professional tango show. Delegates and registered Accompanying Persons pay the discounted fee of US$40. Each delegate can register to bring Guests for US$100 each.
Hotel: Please see the Congress website or contact Ms Veronica Barone (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance with hotel reservations.
- Click https://ishr.conference-services.net/authorlogin.asp?conferenceID=4775&language=en-uk to go to the abstract submission site.
- Selected abstracts submitted before Dec 15, 2015 will be chosen for oral presentation in either the ECI Symposium (April 18) or the regular symposia (April 19-21). All other abstracts will be presented at one of 3 poster sessions (April 19, 20 or 21).
- Formatting instructions and template (template required; 300 word max) are available on the abstract submission site.
- Final abstract submission deadline: March 1, 2016.
Poster Presentations: Authors of abstracts chosen for poster presentation will receive an email message indicating which session their poster will be displayed (either Session 1: Tuesday, Apr 19, 12:00-14:00 or Session 2: Wednesday, Apr 20, 13:00-15:00 or Session 3: Thursday, Apr 21, 13:00-15:00). Posters must be formatted to fit on the 3 ft x 4 ft (width x length, 90 x 120 cm) boards provided. On the day of your assigned Poster Session, posters should be put up before the opening talk (8:30) or during the morning Coffee Break (10:30) and should be taken down at the end of the day.
Young Investigator Travel Awards: Competitive Travel Awards are available for young investigators who are presenting an abstract at the meeting as a first author. Deadline for application is December 15, 2015. Please contact your Section Secretary or Section Contact for additional information (contact information below).
Early Career Investigator Events: There are several events at the meeting organized by/for our Early Career Investigators [up to Associate Professor or equivalent]. Note that some events are for ECIs only. Sign up for these events below:
- ECI Scientific Symposium (Apr 18, 08:30-11:50): Abstracts submitted by ECIs will be chosen in a competitive process to be presented as oral talks in the ECI Symposium. All delegates are welcome to attend.
- Career Development Panel (Apr 18, 12:10-13:00): A panel of editors and associate editors from some of the most prestigious journals in cardiac research will give advice and answer questions about the ins and outs of publishing for early career scientists. All delegates are welcome to attend.
- ECI Lunch with Senior Investigators (Apr 18, 13:00-14:00): (ECIs ONLY) A pre-selected group of senior investigators has been invited to share lunch and informal discussion in a round-table lunch with ECIs. To attend, ECIs must sign up for this FREE event during registration, and a ticket will be placed in your name badge cover after your registration is processed. Please bring the ticket and your name badge with you for admission to the lunch.
- ECI Social (Apr 19, 20:00): (ECIs ONLY) The ECIs will be meeting informally at a nearby venue for networking over drinks and finger foods (there is a $10 charge). A ticket will be placed in your name badge cover after your registration is processed. Please bring the ticket with you for admission to the social. Come and meet your fellow ECIs!!
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- September 25, 2015: Registration and Abstract Submission open
- December 15, 2015: Abstract submission deadline to be considered for oral presentation
- December 15, 2015: Deadline for Young Investigator Travel Awards
- December 15, 2015: Deadline for Registration Grants
- December 15, 2015: Deadline for Richard J Bing Award for Young Investigator applications
- January 11, 2016: Deadline for Travel Bursaries for laboratory visits
- February 1, 2016: Early Registration Discount ends
- March 1, 2016: Abstract submission ends
ISHR Contact: For registration or abstract submission site issues, contact the ISHR Executive Secretary at email@example.com.
Meeting Organizer: Prof Martin Vila Petroff (UNLP-CONICET, La Plata, Argentina; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scientific Program email@example.com
Early Career Investigators firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Accommodation & tours Ms Veronica Barone email@example.com
Exhibition Ms Fernanda Lanusse firstname.lastname@example.org
ISHR Section Member Secretaries:
Australasian: Colleen Thomas (email@example.com)
Chinese: Ming Xu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
European: Jolanda van der Velden (email@example.com)
Indian: SK Maulik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Japanese: Misaki Hiraoka (email@example.com)
Latin American: Adriane Bello Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org); [Travel Award contact: Martin Vila Petroff (email@example.com)]
North American: Susan Howlett (firstname.lastname@example.org)